Methods and Assumptions
The following methods, unless otherwise specified, apply to all data in this book:
- Data for US-registered investment companies only include those that report statistical information to the Investment Company Institute. Assets of these companies are at least 98 percent of industry assets.
- Funds of funds are excluded from the data to avoid double counting.
- Dollars and percentages may not add to the totals presented because of rounding.
- Data for US-registered investment companies include exchange-traded funds that are not registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Long-term funds include equity funds, hybrid funds, and bond funds.
Data are subject to revision. Although information or data provided by independent sources is believed to be reliable, the Investment Company Institute is not responsible for its accuracy, completeness, or timeliness. Opinions expressed by independent sources are not necessarily those of the Institute. If you have questions or comments about this material, please contact the source directly.